VPE Automation Engineer 1384
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
VPE Automation Engineer 1384
SimoTech require a VPE Automation Engineer for a large, multi-national client based in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ Automation experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or life sciences industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the full project lifecycle activities associated with the integration of Vendor Package Equipment (VPE) on a greenfield biologics project.
- Provide technical support to vendors and design teams to ensure project standards are being followed.
- Ensure consistency of the automation deliverables (requirements, functional specifications, control strategies, phases, recipes etc.)
- Provide input, review and approve functional requirements and specifications.
- Assist in defining the software components that need to be created or modified.
- Respond to systems integrator technical queries.
- Support the development of software testing strategies.
- Witness and verify the Software Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Identification of any remediation effort required on process control software.
- Assist in site integration, commissioning and qualification of VPE.
- Create items in the issue tracker as issues arise.
- Communicate progress, issues, and needs to automation project manager for the area.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years working experience in Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical engineering, operations, or manufacturing.
- 3+ years’ experience in PLC/SCADA batch automation design and/or distributed control system design.
- Knowledge of GMPs, regulatory requirements, or computer system validation.
- Experience of integrating VPE to DeltaV would be an advantage.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.