VPE Automation Engineer 1322
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
VPE Automation Engineer 1322
SimoTech require a VPE Automation Engineer for a Life Sciences client based in the Midlands. Candidates must have 5+ years’ Automation experience with prior experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or life sciences industries preferred. The primary purpose is to support the installation and start-up on Vendor Package Equipment for a green field project.
- Demonstrate technical, project and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to the following: client interfacing and resolution of client concerns, solution definition, proactive support and resolution of issues, technical guidance from concept to delivery, system delivery.
- Design, develop, and upgrade automated systems.
- Design and develop control system upgrades for existing manufacturing equipment.
- Develop, maintain and improve technical data packages (TDPs), drawings, schematics and system specifications.
- Plan projects and tasks for team.
- Design, develop, or augment programming code for computer-controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Prepare and present structured, comprehensive, detailed written reports.
- 5+ years’ Automation experience working in the Life Sciences industry.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related disciplines.
- Proven experience of working with PLC’s and associated hardware and applications.
- Previous site commissioning experience on a pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical batch automation project.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the delivery and management of Automation systems in addition to a working knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 industry standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with diverse, multi-disciplined groups.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.