Senior Automation Engineer 1430
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Senior Automation Engineer 1430
SimoTech are currently searching for a Senior Automation Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in the Life Sciences industry to work with a client of ours based in Co. Cork.
The engineer will directly support the design, build and commissioning of the client’s project automation systems.
- Manage the design, construction, and commissioning of 2 SCADA platforms to support the project BMS and WWTP.
- Act as the client representative ensuring the automation solution being delivered meets all the sites standards and requirements.
- Work with multiple disciplines to resolve issues involving the SCADA systems integration as an automation SME.
- Coordinate OEM system suppliers and Vendors to ensure all systems align with site automation strategy for integration.
- Oversee the interfaces between the Main contractor, automation integrator and individual package vendors to ensure seamless integration and standardised methodology.
- Ensure the Archestra System platform delivered by the integrator meets the sites standards, templates and requirements.
- Manage and control relevant package capital budgets and change control.
- Review, Develop and manage GAMP documentation e.g. URS, FDS, FAT, SAT etc.
- Co-ordinate the review and update of any internal documentation affected by the project as well as hand over packs supplied by external vendors.
- Ensure that project construction and commissioning/start-up are executed within the safety/environmental requirements. Support EHS with risk assessments as automation SME.
- Attendance at select FATs both local and abroad as Automation SME.
- BEng degree in electrical / automation engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in the automation discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years + industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment as an automation engineer.
- Project management experience or experience in a leadership role is required.
- Experience with the Rockwell PLC software and Rockwell controllers: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, GuardLogix, Flex 5000, 1718 Remote IO panels.
- Experience with AVEVA ArchestrA System Platform and InBatch systems.
- In depth knowledge of automation network protocols including EtherNet IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, Bacnet and Profibus.
- Knowledge of control systems integration with plant MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality and Health, Environment and Safety Experience with acting as a leader delivering automation projects as part of a large project.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.