Network Infrastructure Engineer 1352
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Network Infrastructure Engineer 1352
SimoTech are seeking a Network Infrastructure Engineer to join our Managed Service Business team of IT Engineers (Infrastructure, IT Systems, and MES) based on a customer site in Cork. The successful candidate will have solid Networking & IT infrastructure fundamentals and experience in deploying technical solutions.
The position will work within a team that provides support to IT, Labs, and Automation business areas. Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Management and maintenance of site manufacturing and business networking environments.
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Liaise with global infrastructure teams & site teams in areas of outage coordination, issue resolution, change management and site-specific infrastructure queries.
- Working as part of the infrastructure services team to support, manage and maintain site network infrastructure, IT servers & workstations.
- Provide on-going support for the technical requirements of the business.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with company Quality Standards and Practices when producing and maintaining all relevant infrastructure documentation.
- Provide troubleshooting help to others in the IT department as necessary.
- Promote the use of system functionality and new technologies to improve work processes. Participate and report at team meetings.
- CCNA certification.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of networking, building/configuring switches & firewalls.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all infrastructure components such as Windows & Linux server platforms, VMWare, EMC Storage solutions, etc.
- Good knowledge of ISA S95 standard.
- Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong self-management with ability to take initiative to identify and drive improvements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical API manufacturing operation is desirable.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.