Lead I&C Engineer 1409
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Lead I&C Engineer 1409
SimoTech require a Lead Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for a large-scale Biotechnology project based in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience, preferably within the Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Lead design engineer for Instrumentation and Control Systems hardware which includes field devices and instrumentation up to and including control panels and industrial HMIs.
- System responsibility includes the DeltaV Process Automation System, Building Automation System, Vendor Package and Stick Built PLC/SCADA/HMI equipment in both process and utility areas.
- Contributes to the design of network architecture drawings for site automation systems.
- Actively participates in the creation, review, and approval of I&C project deliverables such as specifications, design documents, drawings and calculations, Factory Acceptance Test documents and Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Supports the technical delivery of I&C and Automation Hardware systems as endorsed by leadership team to meet business and process objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring communication of field devices and instrumentation to the relevant automation system controllers.
- Assures all design & project work is completed in compliance with all regulatory requirements including, Quality (GMP), EHS, Global Engineering, design & construction directives, requirements & procedures, as well as all local regulatory requirements.
- Supports the project manager on schedule and budget development and control.
- Gathers input and coordinates with project team, site, or Global Engineering representatives to develop requirements.
- Participate in the turnover process to ensure compliance with BMS standards.
- Contributes to a high-performance culture by recognising and resolving issues as they arise.
- Responsible for regular communication to project leadership & multi-functional team stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences.
- 10 + years of related work experience in a GMP Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical environment or equivalent.
- Expertise with instrumentation and control devices including PLC control.
- Expertise in calibration systems/programs (Procal).
- Experience of laboratory analytical equipment and utilities systems are an advantage.
- SME in instrumentation & control systems (such as, but not limited to Instrumentation, QBMS/NQBMS, DeltaV, SCADA, APC, DCS, PLCs, Calibration, Energy, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of cGMP requirements particularly as it applies to Sterile Drug Product manufacturing.
- Experience of the design and installation of industrial networks such as Ethernet IP, ProfiNet, Profibus as well as classic I/O (4-20mA & 24VDC).
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.