IT Labs Support Engineer 1433
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
IT Labs Support Engineer 1433
We are seeking a Laboratory IT Support Engineer to join our team in Cork. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience supporting IT applications within the life sciences industry in a GMP environment. The IT Labs Support Engineer will work in a hybrid role supporting our clients QCL Labs and Manufacturing day to day and project operations, in their state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Cork.
The successful candidate will have the proven experience to successful support day to day IT lab systems operations, displaying a high level of integrity in the performance of your work and recognising the importance of the quality control function in pharmaceutical production. This includes troubleshooting incidents that arise on validated computerised instruments, implementing changes and solutions, and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain the incident queue in Service Now by identifying, prioritising, and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems which occur and determine solutions or suggest recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Initiate and implement change control activities in accordance with quality standards and practices.
- Execute and monitor data backups, including working with the global team to request security patching along with managing the deployment and resolution of issues.
- Prioritise support activities in line with project schedules.
- Generate computer system validation documentation in accordance with site procedures and GMP guidelines.
- Follow all relevant EHS procedures and assist in incident investigations as required.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting IT applications in a GMP environment e.g., troubleshooting, managing incidents and change controls, design documentation, test case development, and system testing.
- Experience working in a Windows 10 environment.
- Experience of server and workstation platforms.
- Experience engaging business users, ensuring that appropriate business needs are clearly communicated and delivered at or above expectations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of SQL databases would be an advantage.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.