SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
SimoTech are looking for an Engineering Manager, based in our headquarters in Cork. The ideal person will have previous hands-on automation experience, combined with project management expertise, capable of providing oversight and governance for various Technical Consultancy and Front-End Engineering projects, while performing a mentorship role for a team of project engineers, technical consultants & project managers.
- The Engineering Manager shall provide oversight for the day-to-day workload and task allocation for the in-house SimoTech engineering team, whilst also contributing from a technical or project management perspective to specific key projects.
- Management responsibilities span full project lifecycle, from concept to implementation to close-out:
- Development/management of budgets, scope, schedule & quality.
- Financial & earned value reporting.
- Customer relationship management.
- Front-End Engineering project responsibilities entail:
- Develop Front End Studies and Basis-of-Design documentation.
- Generation of Scope of Work, User Requirements Spec, System Architectures, Functional Specs.
- Review Vendor Proposals and participate in Technical Bid Analysis.
- Technical Consultancy project responsibilities entail:
- Automation Strategy development.
- Obsolescence reports and lifecycle plans.
- Data security & data integrity assessments.
- System architecture design.
- Client-Side Project Management responsibilities entail:
- Management of sub-contractors on client’s behalf from the perspective of cost, quality & schedule.
- Management of control system development, installation, commissioning & qualification in regulated environments.
- Interface with clients and address the resolution of client concerns.
- Mentorship responsibilities include:
- Provide support to project managers, project engineers and technical leads.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and advice in own field of expertise.
- Participate in performance evaluation & management process for both in-house engineering team, and site-based resources.
- Work with resource managers from across the organisation to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Build key relationships with new and existing clients.
- Occasional travel to client sites for project scoping & governance meetings.
- 10+ years’ experience implementing and supporting automation systems for manufacturing organisations in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or life sciences industries.
- 3+ years’ experience leading teams or suppliers in automation project delivery.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent in Engineering or Science.
- Demonstratable technical and project skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision on a variety of technologies and project lifecycles.
- Basic knowledge of Rockwell, Siemens S7 and/or Emerson DeltaV platforms.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and other project management tools.
- Skilled in solution definition with a history of providing proactive support for the resolution of issues.
- Knowledge of GMP, GAMP, Safety and Environmental Regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer focus.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- To be an integral part of the company management team in a fast-growing dynamic organisation.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
- Flexible working hours and location.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.