Automation Project Engineer 1333
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Automation Project Engineer 1333
SimoTech has an opportunity for an experienced Automation Project Engineer for a pharmaceutical project based in Dublin. Candidates must have at least 5 + years’ experience supporting the automation aspects of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Provide automation guidance and expertise to multi-disciplinary project team executing projects on Vial/Syringe Filling Lines, Packaging and Production environments.
- Projects involve long range preventative maintenance, obsolescence remediation, new product/technology introduction and plant modernisation/expansion.
- Contribute to the generation of engineering documentation such as User Requirement Specifications, Functional Design Specifications, System Architectures.
- Contribute to the generation of project risk assessments such as QRA, ERES and DIA.
- Contribute to the generation of validation documentation such as Validation Plans, SAT & IOQ Protocols, Requirement Traceability Matrices. Execution of IOQ Protocols.
- Contribute to standard operating procedure updates based on project scope.
- Participate in equipment installation, complete root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshoot issues related to equipment control systems where necessary.
- Provide technical input to change control.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules, and regulations.
- Manage and interact with third-party vendors to deliver equipment with the appropriate quality & schedule and as per specified requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation, or related life science engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ relevant experience in manufacturing automation related to Biopharmaceutical Formulation/Fill/Finish or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities.
- Configuration experience in Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC/ HMI hardware and software.
- A background in control systems automation and proven ability to support several automated control systems, and to manage OEM vendors from a quality & technical perspective.
- A knowledge of control system network architectures, virtual server infrastructures, firewalls, and segmentation.
- Working knowledge of integrating automated systems to OSIsoft PI Data Historian is beneficial.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments and skilled in communication and collaboration.
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.