Automation Engineer 1372
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Automation Engineer 1372
SimoTech has an opportunity for an Automation Engineer supporting the day-to-day operations of complex automation systems for a global pharmaceutical client based in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience supporting the automation aspects of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Take ownership of the maintenance and support for automation systems in a GMP-regulated manufacturing environment.
- Lead and support incident investigations and troubleshooting efforts related to manufacturing automation systems.
- Safety: Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice and regulations.
- Implement change and improvements related to corrective or preventative actions, including software changes, and updates to design documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Take a proactive approach to innovation by recommending continuous improvements in line with the latest technology and regulatory standards.
- Support new product or technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system changes, and supporting engineering runs.
- Systems include Siemens S7-300/400/1500 and Rockwell CompactLogix/ControlLogix PLCs; Elau PLCs; Siemens and Rockwell HMIs; iFix, InTouch, Zenon, PCS7, and Rockwell FTView SCADAs; and Fieldbus systems such as ControlNet (CNET), DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation, or related life science engineering with 2+ years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment.
- Background in automation configuration, installation, and programming.
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting of PLC, HMI, SCADA, Serialisation, and Vision Systems.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, Batch S88 and S95 industry standards, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11.
- Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Proficient in managing relationships with stakeholders; coordinating and collaborating with teams from different departments to achieve common goals.
- Travel at various times may be required to support training and vendor visits.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.