Automation Engineer 1365
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Automation Engineer 1365
SimoTech requires an Automation Engineer for a pharmaceutical project based in Cork. Candidates must have 4+ years’ technical experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, preferably pharmaceuticals. This position will be part of the Automation / IT Team and be responsible for the design, maintenance, and management of Automation systems onsite.
- Take ownership and maintain complex automation control system issues.
- Review automation designs with regards to equipment change/acquisition.
- Manage small to medium sized automation projects through conception, design, planning, approval, execution, validation, and delivery.
- Supporting the daily operation of site automated systems, including occasional shifts outside of general working hours; by addressing corrective and preventative maintenance requests and procedures.
- Create & maintain specifications and procedures to ensure automated systems are in alignment with industry standards.
- Represent Automation/Engineering on site initiative/continuous improvement teams, programs and projects.
- Assist in maintaining site inventory (relevant to automation), software back-up & user management processes.
- Create, review and approve changes to quality files (investigations / change controls), procedures and specifications relating to automation system(s).
- Working proactively within the onsite team structure to support operations by addressing issues, investigations, NC and CAPA closure(s).
- Experience in engineering in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, & clinical manufacturing).
- Proficient in a range of PLC control systems, primarily Siemens Controllers (Simatic S5 to S7-1500) and Rockwell (AB ControlLogix 5570 /5573).
- Experience in executing engineering projects.
- Proficient in the use of Operating systems primarily Windows, Virtual Severs VMWare vSphere.
- Proficient with industrial DCS, SCADA systems, WinCC, Flexible and FT Studio View.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of industrial communications – ProfiNET, ProfiBUS, ASiBus, Modbus RS485/ TCP/IP, OPC DA/UA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.