Automation Engineer 1356
SimoTech provides manufacturing automation and IT systems engineering, project management and validation services. We partner with life sciences companies to design, build, operate and optimise critical process automation systems that deliver fast track project delivery, operational efficiency, improve manufacturing agility and achieve regulatory compliance.
What is it like to work at SimoTech? With a strong collaborative teamwork culture based on respect, trust and excellence, we play a critical partnering role to our clients’ life-changing supply of products to patients. In return, there is excellent salary, career progression, educational support and much more.
Automation Engineer 1356
SimoTech require an Automation Engineer for a large-scale greenfield Biotechnology project based in Co. Louth. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience of working with PLC/SCADA systems, preferably within the Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrate technical, project and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to the following: client interfacing and resolution of client concerns, solution definition, proactive support and resolution of issues, technical guidance from concept to delivery, and system delivery.
- Design, develop, and upgrade automated systems.
- Design and develop control system upgrades for existing manufacturing equipment.
- Develop, maintain, and improve technical data packages (TDPs), drawings, schematics and system specifications.
- Design, develop, and augment programming code for computer-controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Prepare and present structured, comprehensive, and detailed written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years Automation experience.
- Knowledge of PLC systems.
- Strong knowledge of DCS DeltaV (S-88 Batch standard).
- Good understanding of GAMP.
- Previous site experience on a Pharma or Biotech Batch Automation project is required.
- Experience of Pharma CIP and SIP systems.
- Knowledge of filling and packing system an advantage.
- Strong commissioning and qualification experience is desirable.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.