Automation Engineer 1280
SimoTech requires an Automation Engineer for a key pharmaceutical client based in Cork. Candidates must have 4+ years’ technical experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, preferably pharmaceuticals. This position will be part of the Automation team and be responsible for the design, maintenance, and management of Automation systems onsite.
- Take ownership and maintain complex automation control system issues.
- Review automation designs with regards to equipment change/acquisition.
- Take part in small to medium sized automation projects on site.
- Supporting the daily operation of site automated systems.
- Create & maintain specifications and procedures to ensure automated systems are in alignment with industry standards.
- Assist in maintaining site inventory (relevant to automation), software back-up & user management processes.
- Create, review and approve changes to quality files (investigations / change controls), procedures and specifications relating to automation system(s).
- Working proactively within the onsite team structure to support operations by addressing issues, investigations, NC and CAPA closure(s).
- BS Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 4 years Automation in Life Sciences, preferably in Chemical API.
- Strong DCS experience, preferably with Foxboro I/A.
- Experience in executing engineering projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.