Project Engineer 1163
SimoTech requires a Project Engineer for a pharmaceutical client of ours based in Waterford. Candidates must have 5 + years’ project engineering experience with experience of working with high speed packaging design and installation an advantage.
- Delivering various electrical, mechanical, automation, process & packaging equipment projects throughout the complete project lifecycle from inception through to handover.
- Managing all EHS requirements through the full life cycle of the project.
- Develop User Requirements for systems by engaging with the site operations, EHS, maintenance, utilities, technical and quality teams ensuring that the proposed solutions are acceptable.
- Design Reviews and Risk Assessments during design phase of the projects.
- Understand the core fundamental issues and develop mitigation plans for all project issues identified.
- Contractor supervision.
- Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Ensure that client quality and engineering standards are adhered to.
- Understand client Global Engineering Standards and ensure that all proposals developed and projects are delivered to client’s standards.
- Plan, execute and track the progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per client Project Management Framework are adhered to.
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Awareness of EU Safety Directives and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Knowledge of CE, ATEX and machinery directive and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Ability to deal with contractor and equipment vendor queries in a timely manner.
- In-depth knowledge of permit to work systems and LOTO.
- 5+ years project engineering / management experience with a degree level education in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Process, Manufacturing Technology).
- Experience of working with high speed packaging design and installation an advantage.
- Experience of serialization and track & trace an advantage.
- Knowledge of Process Control /Automation Systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of packaging line design and installation an advantage.
- Knowledge of print vision systems.
- Must have experience of working on projects within a GMP environment.
- Must have a good appreciation for designing systems within a GMP environment.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.