Process Automation Engineer 1149
SimoTech are seeking a Process Automation Engineer for a project based in Athlone. Candidates will ideally have 7+ years’ experience with prior experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries.
- Adherence to GEP and GXP procedures on site in relation to all aspects of the job.
- Provide support in relation to Process Automation control systems.
- Provide technical leadership and support for control systems to various departments across Manufacturing and Process Development.
- Lead and assist in the design, development and updates to Rockwell/Siemens based control systems associated with Process Control and Utilities, e.g. Plant Chilled Water Distribution, Energy Centre Upgrades, Chiller upgrades, HVAC and energy management.
- Ensures that key data is available through use of agreed reporting tools (VantagePoint, Core Sight, PIVision).
- Prepare specifications, protocols, procedures and other documentation as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage control system projects if required.
- Provides handover to the Process Automation Administrator, Maintenance and Process Engineers from project mode to operational support. Ensures that training materials are updated when required.
- Proactively identify opportunities, anticipates problems and implement solutions with the Process Automation Administrator, Process Engineers and the Maintenance team.
- Liaise and communicate with site users and vendors to ensure control systems operate to maximum effect, and as per the Site IT Automation Strategy.
- Adheres to the local Process Support Model: Records and investigates issues, performs root cause analysis, escalates to management and other teams as required. Co-ordinates the response with external vendors for issue resolution, upgrades etc.
- Work with wider IT team to create the required interfaces between control systems, historians, MES / EBR systems.
- Degree in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent control systems knowledge. Must have excellent knowledge of Rockwell suite of applications (Allen Bradley PLC, FTView, FTBatch, VantagePoint).
- Understanding of Siemens Automation platform.
- Good documentation practices as per GAMP 5 and GEP / GxP.
- 5 years experience in a role that meets the above requirements.
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written word).
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable.
- Project management experience.
- Good leadership skills, enthusiasm, reliability and consistency, integrity.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
- Flexible working hours and location.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.