Automation Project Manager 1131
SimoTech require an Automation Project Manager with 8+ years’ experience to work with a key pharmaceutical client in Cork. The successful person will be the Automation Project Manager on a green field project, on a Chemical API site. The selected candidate will be responsible for the full lifecycle of this project from concept through to operation.
- Provide Automation project leadership, this includes the establishment of project priorities; being able to make project recommendations; identify, monitor, and manage project risk; provide project status updates and project reports.
- Overall responsibility for managing the delivery of the project with regards to Safety, Cost, Schedule and Quality.
- Ensure the project is completed within the process set out onsite by the Capital Projects Group.
- Work to develop and then report and manage the budget for the project.
- Assume full responsibility for the management and execution of all necessary project activities including project prioritization, resources management, status management and external communication.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the project to ensure the most beneficial options and contracting strategies are pursued.
- Ability to identify any upcoming issues early and solve problems associated with the project in a timely manner utilising the resources available.
- Manage all third-party vendors or suppliers to ensure quality and cost control.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and management of change controls.
- Minimum of 8+ years engineering experience, preferably in the Life Sciences industries.
- Education to a third level degree or equivalent in Engineering or similar.
- Significant, demonstrated experience of directly leading large scale Capital Projects.
- Experience of working in a busy engineering group or department on Pharmaceutical projects is strongly desired.
- The ability to work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the delivery of the most suitable technical solutions and the identification of improvements.
- Strong leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Long term project opportunity.
- SimoTech can facilitate these positions as a staff engineer or contract engineer.
- Competitive staff or contract rates.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.