Automation Engineer 1217
SimoTech requires an Automation Engineer for a pharmaceutical project based in Cork. Candidates must have 4+ years’ technical experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, preferably pharmaceuticals. This position will be part of the Automation / IT Team and be responsible for the design, maintenance, and management of Automation systems onsite.
- Take ownership and maintain complex automation control system issues.
- Review automation designs with regards to equipment change/acquisition.
- Manage small to medium sized automation projects through conception, design, planning, approval, execution, validation, and delivery.
- Supporting the daily operation of site automated systems, including occasional shifts outside of general working hours; by addressing corrective and preventative maintenance requests and procedures.
- Create & maintain specifications and procedures to ensure automated systems are in alignment with industry standards.
- Represent Automation/Engineering on site initiative/continuous improvement teams, programs and projects.
- Assist in maintaining site inventory (relevant to automation), software back-up & user management processes.
- Create, review and approve changes to quality files (investigations / change controls), procedures and specifications relating to automation system(s).
- Working proactively within the onsite team structure to support operations by addressing issues, investigations, NC and CAPA closure(s).
- 4-year Automation Engineering / Advanced Degree and / or master’s in Engineering or Life Sciences.
- Experience in engineering in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, & clinical manufacturing).
- Proficient in a range of PLC control systems, primarily Siemens Controllers (Simatic S5 to S7-1500) and Rockwell (AB ControlLogix 5570 /5573).
- Experience in executing engineering projects.
- Proficient in the use of Operating systems primarily Windows, Virtual Severs VMWare vSphere.
- Proficient with industrial DCS, SCADA systems, WinCC, Flexible and FT Studio View.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of industrial communications – ProfiNET, ProfiBUS, ASiBus, Modbus RS485/ TCP/IP, OPC DA/UA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.