Automation Controls Engineer 1137
SimoTech require an Automation Controls Engineer with 5 years’ experience to support the commissioning and start-up of a new state of the art facility. Previous experience on a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences site is desirable.
- Design, installation and testing of PLC and control software projects.
- Review and execution of Commissioning and Validation protocols.
- Work within the automation team to provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Work with OEM system suppliers to ensure requirements are met.
- Prioritise multiple tasks while working to tight schedules.
- Electrical and Automation drawing reviews and updates.
- Minimum of 5 years + industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment as an automation / controls engineer.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experienced with SCADA systems - Archestra Wonderware & Intouch.
- Experienced with the Rockwell RSLogix 5000 / Studio 5000 software package and Rockwell controllers: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, etc.
- Knowledge of automation network protocols including EtherNet IP and Profibus.
- Knowledge of ATEX directives, ETCI wiring regulations, IEC and EN standards.
- Management of projects through their full life-cycle.
- Instrumentation experience is preferable.
- Experience with distributed I/O (Point I/O, Turck).
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
By submitting my data (CV), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.