We are currently seeking a PLC/SCADA Automation Engineers, reporting to an Automation Lead. This candidate will be joining a team of highly competent automation engineers already working on a green field project based on our client site in Leinster.
- This automation engineer will be primarily responsible for the integration of PLC Systems onto the site network and interfacing with data historian and configuration management solutions.
- Generation of automation software requirements, design specifications and test documentation.
- Working knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate technical, project and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to the following: client interfacing and resolution of client concerns, solution definition, proactive support and resolution of issues, technical guidance from concept to system delivery.
- Ability to gather process, operation and qualification requirements from project stakeholder and translate these into functional and detailed designs.
- Interface to OEM vendors to ensure their equipment integrates with the site automation network.
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLC’s, Kepware and various software version management systems required.
- Code Review, FAT Execution, SAT Execution, IOQ Execution.
- BS Engineering or Computer science (or equivalent 3+ years’ experience).
- Expertise (5+ years) in coding and integration of PLC platforms preferably Siemens.
- Knowledge of IT networks, VLAN’s, ProfiNet, Communications protocols (OPC, ODBC) is required.
- Knowledge of GMP’S, regulatory requirements, change control and computer system validation an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to perform automation engineering tasks as part of a team
Good written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
What SimoTech Can Offer
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Long term project opportunity.
- SimoTech can facilitate these positions as a staff engineer or contract engineer.
- Competitive staff or contract rates.
Due to the duration of the project you must be currently eligible to work in Ireland.
By submitting my data (C.V.), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.