Senior Automation Project Engineer
SimoTech are looking for an experienced Senior Automation Project Engineer, primarily based in our headquarters in Cork. The ideal person will have experience managing multiple small to medium scale automation projects, with a view to progressing to larger scale projects in time. This role will also involve travel from time to time to client sites.
- Management responsibilities include the development/management of budgets, scope, schedule & quality.
- Provide support to senior project managers.
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
- Generation of basis of design, and tender package documentation/drawings (URS, SOW, System Architectures, FS etc).
- Management of sub-contractors on clients behalf from the perspective of cost, quality & schedule.
- Management of control system development, installation, commissioning & qualification in regulated environments.
- Interface with clients and address the resolution of client concerns.
- Provide technical guidance from concept to delivery.
- Work with resource managers from across the organisation to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Build key relationships with new and existing clients.
- Must have at least 5 years experience implementing and supporting automation systems for manufacturing organizations in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or life sciences industries.
- Technical Qualifications to 3rd level or equivalent in Engineering or Science.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical, project and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision on a variety of technologies and project lifecycles.
- Must have recent hands-on experience of system integration and programming.
- Working knowledge of Rockwell, Siemens S7 and/or Emerson DeltaV platforms.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and other project management tools.
- Must be skilled in solution definition and must provide proactive support for the resolution of issues.
- Knowledge of GMP, GAMP, Safety and Environmental Regulatory requirements.
- Must demonstrate experience of commissioning and qualification of process control systems in a regulated environment, including the preparation and execution of test specifications and change management.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus.
- Part of the company management team in a fast-growing dynamic organisation.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
- Flexible working hours and location.
By submitting my data (C.V.), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.