Automation Packaging Engineer
SimoTech requires an experienced Automation Packaging Engineer for a pharmaceutical project based in Dublin. Candidates must have at least 5 + years’ experience supporting the automation aspects of packaging equipment.
- Provide FLS – Front Line Support to operations.
- Take ownership and administration of inspection equipment control systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing setting.
- Support system improvements, development of detailed specification, engineering documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Complete root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshoot issues related to electrical, instrumentation and equipment control systems where necessary.
- Develop and manage change control requests per established SOPs and processes.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Siemens PLC/ HMI, Elau, Systech and Packaging Equipment including knowledge of OSIsoft PI Data Historian.
- A background in Control systems automation and proven ability to support several automated control systems, preferably with Packaging OEM equipment.
- Network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS.
- Manufacturing automation experience in biopharmaceutical Formulation/Fill/Finish or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
- Flexible working hours and location.
By submitting my data (C.V.), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.