SimoTech requires experienced Automation Engineers for a Biotechnology project in Cork, Ireland. The Candidates will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in implementing and testing distributed control systems for large manufacturing organizations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or the Life Sciences.
- At least 6 years’ experience providing process control solutions and support to manufacturing organisations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in system design, configuration and testing of automated processes in a batch manufacturing environment.
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines. Good organising and planning skills.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
- Valid EU work permit.
- Experience with configuration of any PLC or DCS system (Foxboro I/A DCS, Rockwell, DeltaV, Siemens, 800XA, etc).
- Experience in Biotech Upstream, Downstream and supporting utility processes including CIP and SIP.
- Strong experience with vendor packaged automation equipment including PLC platforms is advantageous.
- Knowledge of databases, data historians, reporting and analytic systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall project goals.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry GMP Regulations.