Automation Engineer Senior
SimoTech are hiring a Control Systems Automation Engineer, specifically focusing on design, installation, programming and validation of automated equipment to join our expanding team.
Our SimoTech operational services team are currently supporting our clients manufacturing site based in Dublin and we hope to secure a top calibre candidate to join them onsite.
The role will support complex and challenging system initiatives, focussing on the manufacturing within the Vial/ syringe inspection and packaging areas.
This role requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment in the pharmaceutical / life sciences industry.
- As a member of the Operations IS Automation team, the role will support complex and challenging system automation initiatives.
- Take ownership and administration of inspection equipment control systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing setting.
- Support manufacturing within the Vial/Syringe Inspection and Packaging areas.
- Lead and support system improvements, development of detailed specification, engineering documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to electrical, instrumentation and equipment control systems.
- Support new product and technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Solving complex problems, project management, lifecycle management and operational excellence.
- Develop and manage change control requests per established SOPs and processes.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science engineering.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing automation experience in biopharmaceutical Formulation/Fill/Finish or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities.
- Excellent control systems automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming and validation of automated equipment.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills.
- Experience in change control, non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions, and validation practices.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments and skilled in communication and collaboration.
- Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.