SimoTech requires an Automation Engineer for a large-scale pharmaceutical role based in Ludwigshafen, Germany. The automation engineer will work within the Drug Product and Packaging side of the facility. Candidates will ideally have 5 years’ experience with prior experience in the Pharmaceutical/ Life Science manufacturing industries.
- Technically proficient configuring Siemens hardware (S7 PLC’s, HMI’s, etc.) and software (STEP7, WinCC, Simatic Logon, etc.).
- Good understanding of Data Integrity and ability to undertake Data Integrity Risk Assessments and implement corrective actions.
- Experience adding and modifying user accounts on Siemens equipment and Microsoft OS.
- Experience developing Change Control Plans.
- Experience developing and modifying SOP’s.
- Experience developing project schedules and coordinating equipment access with Manufacturing dept.
- Experience overseeing and interacting with appointed System Integrator.
- Experience acting as Customer rep on projects including reviewing design documentation, code reviews, FAT and SAT witnessing and sign off, etc.
- Experience developing design documentation including User Requirement Specifications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Good understanding of pharma requirements, documentation requirements and need to comply with processes and procedures.
- Ability to act as technical representative on projects. Ability to pre-empt and address technical queries and issues in a timely manner to ensure the project remains on schedule.
- Ability to continuously monitor project deliverables to ensure project objectives are being met over the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, IT or qualifications in other relevant engineering discipline with appropriate experience.
- 5 years’ experience is essential.
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities.
- Fluency in English and German is essential.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.
- Flexible working hours and location.
By submitting my data (C.V.), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.