Automation Engineer (DeltaV)
SimoTech requires an experienced DeltaV Automation Engineer for our Client in Cork. The Candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing and supporting changes in the DeltaV system within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Collaborate with local project teams to scope changes on the DeltaV system.
- Follow procedure such as the SDLC to implement changes, covering RS updates, change control, implementation and testing.
- Use and update of development system if required.
- Coach local project teams on automation standards as they relate to technology selection, system configuration, SDLC, validation, hardware, software environments and business processes.
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with all regulatory requirements including, quality (cGLP/GMP’s).
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- Skilled in DeltaV standard and batch.
- Three or more years’ experience in DeltaV.
- Excellent understanding of cGMP’s, SDLC methodologies and LEAN/MPS/ Sigma principles.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to troubleshoot with a focus on achievement of overall project goals.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
- Experience in DeltaV recipe development and/or operational support at a GMP manufacturing site is an advantage.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- SimoTech can facilitate these positions as a staff engineer or contract engineer.
- Develop new skills and enhance technical ability by working with innovative technologies in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Opportunity to work with large corporate clients on exciting capital projects.