SimoTech require an Automation Engineer with 5 years’ experience to provide Automation expertise on a number of capital projects. The Automation Engineer works closely with the Process Engineers, Automation Engineers, and automation vendor to develop process understanding, review automation functional requirements, and review proposed library objects. The Automation Engineer should review the proposed requirements and/or design to ensure robust operations that meet the requirements of the facility unit operations and that the documentation complies with the computer system validation requirements. Previous experience on a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences site is desirable.
- Participate in Process Narrative reviews led by the automation vendor.
- Review/Approve Functional Requirements drafted by the automation vendor.
- Review module library functional design specifications and perform code reviews.
- Proactively work with the Computer System Validation Engineer to ensure these deliverables and work practices comply with the project validation and documentation requirements.
- Abide by all safety requirements and procedures pertaining to their role.
- BS Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Experience on DeltaV is a distinct Advantage.
- 5 years working experience in pharma engineering, operations, or manufacturing.
- Prior Process Engineering experience is strongly desired.
- Preferable in batch automation design and distributed control system design.
- Demonstrated team work abilities.
- Knowledge of GMP’S, regulatory requirements, computer system validation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Role provides a high degree of autonomy to allow the successful candidate to reach their full potential.
- Long term project opportunity.
- SimoTech can facilitate these positions as a staff engineer or contract engineer.
- Competitive staff or contract rates.
By submitting my data (C.V.), I consent to SimoTech collecting and storing my personal data, as outlined in the SimoTech Privacy Statement which I have read.