We are currently seeking Automation Engineers to join our project team, reporting to an Automation Area Lead. These positions will be responsible primarily for generating automation software requirements, design specifications, generating code and performing testing. They will also provide start-up and commissioning support in a GMP environment.
The Automation Engineers for the project have the primary responsibility to design the automation for a specific area of the facility (Upstream, Downstream. Process Support, Utilities or HVAC). Working with the Process Engineers, the Automation Engineers will develop and maintain several automation deliverables (requirements, design specifications, application code and testing protocols). The Automation Engineer reports to the Automation Area Lead.
The candidate will be joining a team of highly competent automation engineers already working on the project.
- BS Engineering or Computer science (or equivalent 3+ years’ experience).
- Demonstrated ability to perform automation engineering tasks as part of a team.
- Knowledge of GMP’S, regulatory requirements, change control and computer system validation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Expertise (3+ years) in designing control systems for equipment used in biotech production such as bioreactors, centrifuges, tangential flow filters, gradient carts, grey utilities, clean utilities or HVAC. Knowledge of DCSs or Foxboro is preferred.